"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Under The Lights by Abbi Glines

If you read my post on Tuesday then you know that I've been in a reading slump so I picked up an Abbi Glines book to save me. After I finished Boys South of the Mason Dixon I decided I needed more Abbi Glines so I grabbed Under The Lights. I had bought this book over a month ago along with some others and I've been keeping it for this exact moment.
I read Until Friday Night this year too so hopefully you've read that review. If you haven't you can by clicking HERE
In Until Friday Night we meet Brady and Gunner and in this installment we get to see a love triangle form between them and their childhood friend Willa Ames.
Willa and the boys were best friends throughout childhood until she moved away when she was 11 years old. Her mother had her at like 15 years old and unfortunatly never really did a good job at being a mom. When Willa turns 11 her mom is married and having another child so she decides to take her from her grandma and raise her. That is until an extremely traumatic and heartbreaking thing happens to Willa landing her in juvie. The day she gets out her bags are packed and she finds herself homeless so she calls her grandma who is the only person who is willing to take her in.
When they were kids Willa was best friends with Gunner - the rich kid with the cocky attitude and adorable smile - and had a crush on Brady who lets face it is the all american boy. However now things have changed a little and she begins to notice that Brady isn't the boy giving her butterflies anymore.
As are her other books Under The Lights is told in multiple perspectives. I really liked getting to hear from Brady, Gunner, and Willa. I will tell you I was conflicted as to which "team" I was on at first. I mean I went into it thinking she'd be with Gunner but Brady is really nice so it was hard for me to not want to root for him. But after getting a few chapters in I realized there was no way I couldn't be Team Gunner.
So much happens in this installment of the Field Party trilogy and I absolutely loved it. If you're a fan of Abbi Glines - or even if you're not you crazy cat - then I definitely recommend this!!


Buy Under The Lights Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

I'm a Book Depository affiliate so f you'd like to buy a book with FREE SHIPPING and also put some change in my pocket then click HERE

Listen to my playlist for Under The Lights on Spotify by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment