"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Beastly Lights by Theresa Jane

As always I want to start this review by telling you fellow booknerds of mine that I was sent this book for my honest opinion. So that is what you shall get ;)
Beastly Lights follows Freya who is a struggling artist and is won in a poker game by bad boy musician Liam Henderson. Oh yeah, her brother is the one who bet her. Rude.
Freya has to leave her tiiiiiny apartment that's filled with...well...not much excpet a coffee maker that is duct taped together, and go live with Liam at his penthouse apartment as his maid.
Freya isn't happy about living with the studly rockstar so she pretty much does everything she can to make him fire her. She moves furniture where he doesn't want it, she makes a mess, she goes into his room without permission, and she paints a mural on his beautifully white wall. Despite all of this Liam has a soft spot for Freya and the two begin to form a friendship that so obviously is leading to more.
Here's where I get to be honest, I'm actually not sure how I felt about this book and I feel terrible saying that. I loved the story, I enjoy reading books about normal people who fall in love with actors or musicians. Shout out to To Love Jason Thorn and The Beaumont Series. I also really liked how protective Liam is and how unique Freya is. There were parts when I was reading that I realized I was smiling and while reading it I wanted to see what was going to happen. I also had moments where I really liked Liam and Freya as individuals and obviously as a couple. But most of the time I really didn't like either of them. Sometimes I thought Freya was to much. Who would paint a mural in someones house knowing they'd hate it and after knowing them for like 4 days? I also didn't like how temperamental Liam was. I thought that the characters had serious potential and sometimes it was right there but then I lost it again.
My favorite character in the book was actually Ryan who is Liams stylist. He is so funny and I really loved every scene he appeared in.
For the most part I'm glad I read this book because it was good, I just wish it was more.


Buy Beastly Lights on Amazon by clicking the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment