"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, September 29, 2016

It Gets Worse by Shane Dawson

I don't know about you but...oh I so badly want to finish that with a Taylor Swift lyric but I will try and resist the urge. I have been a huge fan of Shane Dawson for uh you know to be honest I don't even know how long. I do know it's been YEARS!!
He's been promoting his new book in some of his videos and I knew I had to have it. I decided to reach out to his publisher and I scored a review copy. Yay!!
I thought this book was really great and it made me want to pick up his other one I Hate My Selfie.
As you can see on the cover it's a collection of essays and that's what it is. Throughout the book we get to read about many different points in Shane's life and I loved that.
It was just as funny as I expected it to be but he also shared moments that were probably very difficult to share with the world.
I thought it was pretty brave of him to tell us about these moments.
Shane jokes a lot in his videos about being poor when he was younger and how he was "fat" but I guess I never released the extent of it all.
This book really gives you an inside look into Shane's life and it made me love him even more.
I'm not going to lie and tell you there weren't some parts where I was like oh my that's a bit much but you know what that's Shane. There are plenty of times where I watch his videos and go well that's...gross. However Shane flaunts his occasional grossness and I've learned to love him for it.
All in all I thought this book was really fun to read and I'm glad I got to know more about one of my favorite YouTubers.
I definitely recommend this book!!

Buy It Gets Worse Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment