"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Friday, February 19, 2016

The Birthstone Book Tag


I'm a huge fan of Heather from Bookables and she did this tag so I had to do it. If you'd like to check out her video you can by clicking HERE
I also did an interview with Heather a while back so if you'd like to check that out you can by clicking  HERE
You can also check out the original video by clicking HERE

1. January (GARNET):
Associated with warding off negative forces and dark energies - Name a book with the darkest/evilest character you can think of.
Well I've never read Harry Potter but I have watched the movies -don't  hate me- and I think Voldemort is about as bad as can be.

2. February (AMETHYST):
Purple is associated with royalty - Name a book with regal qualities... You can base this off of characters of choose the King of all books
I'm going to go with The Selection because America is trying to win the heart of an actual Prince.

3. March (AQUAMARINE):
Washed out - Name a 'wishy washy' character, a character who is not strong or a follower
I think Belly from The Summer I Turned Pretty is somewhat wishy washy. It's like her heart is always with one brother but she can't choose. I understand why she has trouble but I hate that. Just pick.

4. April (DIAMOND):
A diamond in the rough - Name a book that you loved but is not well known
Wake
by Amanda Hocking is one of my favorites and I don't think it gets the love it deserves.

5. May (EMERALD):
Said to balance energy - Name two characters who balance each other well
You didn't think we could get through a book tag without me mentioning Hazel and Augustus did you? I didn't think so.

6. June (PEARL):
Associated with loyalty - Name a character who is loyal to the end
Percy Jackson is super loyal in my eyes. He'd do anything to help the people he cares about.

7. July (RUBY):
Blood red - Name a book that made your blood boil, one that made you angry
Allegiant.


8. August (PERIDOT):
Pale green (it pales in comparison to other gems) - Name a supporting character who you like better than the main character
I love Katniss but Finnick and Cinna are my favorites.

9. September (SAPPHIRE):
Blue like the ocean which is calming - Name a book that had a calming affect on you
The Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants
actually made me calm. Probably because they're so light and sweet.

10. October (OPAL): Iridescent 
Name an iridescent book, this can be a book with a beautiful cover (Shiny? Lots of color?) or you can base it off of a character (Quirky? Colorful?)
The Mortal Instruments
& The Infernal Devices instantly came to my mind when I read this.

11. November (TOPAZ):
Associated with resilience - Name a books with a character who rises to the top in a time of adversity
Sydney Sage fo sho.

12. December (BLUE ZIRCON):
Associated with friendship - Name a book with a friendship you want to be apart of
Olive and Lucy from To Love Jason Thorn are #friendshipgoals

I TAG:
Caroline @ justanotherbookishblog
Cloe @ morningsandepilogues
Rachel @ beautyandthebookshelf

 

7 comments:

  1. Yep, Finnick and Cinna are awesome! Where would Katniss be without them? Ah this seems like fun! Thanks for tagging me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? :) You're welcome!!
      (Did you ever get the e-mail I sent you back?)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the tag! And I love your new layout, it’s so pretty! :D
    I’m sorry I just saw this I’ve been kinda drowning in work ^-^ I’ll do it today though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I just saw this comment!!
      Thank you, I worked forever on it so I really appreciate you saying something!!

      Delete
  3. I agree that Hazel & Augustus are awesome together!! nice post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that Hazel & Augustus are awesome together!! nice post!!

    ReplyDelete