"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

When You're Back by Abbi Glines

Oh Abbi Glines you goddess you.
You're probably wondering why I'm even bothering to write a review of this book and to be honest I don't feel like I really need to. You all are well aware how much I adore this woman and this series. But because I can't help myself I'm reviewing it anyway.
Just like in When I'm Gone Mase stole my heart. I said in my review of WIG that I wasn't sure about Mase because I didn't know him that well but then as usual with an Abbi Glines character, I fell in love with him. He's so wonderful and I will always be #TeamMase.

I'll be honest and tell you that I had two big issues with this book. One is that sometimes Reese got on my nerves. I love all of our main characters in every Rosemary Beach book but sometimes the girls question to much. I don't like how they are constantly doubting their relationships. I get that jealousy happens and when you have gone through what some of these girls have dealt with it's hard not to question, but it just gets to the point of frustrating at times.
My other big issue was Aida. Oh. God. She was horrible!! I mean if you've read the other books you know how much Nan sucks and you know I hate her. Aida and Nan should become best friends because they both are uber bitches and I want to "could've hate a V8" smack them right in the face. Ugh.

The book starts off with Reese talking about how she met her father and brother and while she grew to care for them she couldn't be away from Mase so she decided to surprise him and move in with him early. When she gets to Mase she meets his obsessively needy cousin Aida - whom I previously mentioned. Aida instantly seems to have issues with Reese which drove me nuts because I already have had to deal with Nan.
One night the three of them attend a party where Reese meets Captain aka River aka Blair's brother and he seems to take a liking to Reese.
Basically the book is full of angst, drama and jealousy.
I of course recommend this book because it's awesome just like every other Abbi Glines book.


Buy When You're Back Here:
Amazon
Kobo

Listen to my When You're Back playlist on Spotify by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment