"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Thursday, August 28, 2014

All Lined Up by Cora Carmack

I think it's impossible for Cora Carmack to write a bad book. I'm actually going to go so far as to say that I think it's impossible for Cora to even write a bad sentence.
This. Woman. Is. Genius.
I've read Losing It, Faking It, and Finding It by Cora and I LOVED them all! When I found out she was coming out with this book, I'm not going to lie, I had mixed feelings. I like football but for some reason I thought it might overtake the book and be annoying. Ye of little faith. I also wasn't a huge fan of the cover so I've been putting off reading this for a hot minute.
The past few months I've been going in and out of a reading slump (it's awful-truly awful) so I said to myself, "Self? You love Cora Carmack, her book is only one dollar and 99 freaking cents atm so maybe you should read that."
I'm so smart.
This might be tied with Faking It as my favorite book by her.
Dallas is the coaches daughter and has been around football since she was a kid. Although dancing is her passion her father won't allow her to leave the state of Texas to attend the dance school she wants to go to. So Dallas attends Rusk University which also happens to be where her father works as the head football coach.
Dallas isn't much of a partier but one night her best friend drags her to a party where she meets Carson.
The two meet in a very odd way (typical Cora Carmack meet cute and I love it). They fall pretty fast for each other until bum bum bum Dallas finds out Carson is on the football team. After having her heart broken by a football playing asshat in high school she wants nothing to do with dating Carson.
Of course the two can't stay away from each other because duh they're meant to be.
I absolutely adored Dallas and Carson as individuals and as a couple. Dallas was such a cool chick and made me want to be best friends with her. Sometimes girls in books can be whiny and annoying but Dallas is neither. She's strong and has a big heart even if she doesn't know it.
And as for Carson oooooh buddy I loved him. First of all he sounded uber hot (doesn't the dude on the cover look like Daniel from Revenge? Yes? No?) and he was also really funny and so darn sweet.
I also have a soft spot for Dallas's dad. At first he seemed like a character I wouldn't like at all but he really was a good guy who loved his daughter.
This book was delicious and I ate it up. Whether you've read Cora Carmack before or you haven't you HAVE to check out this book!


All Lined Up Playlist
Into Your Arms by The Maine
Ain't It Fun by Paramore
Love Like Woe by The Ready Set
I Just Wanna Run by The Downtown Fiction
Roar by Katy Perry
Brave by Sara Bareilles
Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift Feat. Ed Sheeran
Buy Here!
Amazon
B & N
Books-A-Million
Kobo


No comments:

Post a Comment