"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Monday, April 22, 2013

Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler

I must say something.

I love Sarah Ockler.

I read Twenty Boy Summer last year and fell in love with her writing.

Since I believe the sun shines out of Twenty Boy Summers ass I wasn't sure I would like this book.

Well folks i'm happy to say that this book did not let me down AT ALL.

Bittersweet is told from Hudsons point of view and let me just say I loved her.

Hudson used to skate competitivly but after figuring out that her parents marriage was over she blows her final program.

A few years later she's given up ice skating and is now the Cupcake Queen at her mothers diner.

Even though she quit competing doesn't mean she quit skating all together. One day she's out skating and literally runs into a boy from school. A very cute boy. A hockey player kind of boy.

The two have instant feelings for each other but the book isn't all about that.

The book follows Hudson as she continues baking, begins working for her mother, and starts helping out the hockey team.

What? Yes you read correctly. She helps the hockey team. She teaches them many different things about the ice and in doing so turns them into a winning team.

I loved the relationships in this book. I thought Josh (cute hockey player boy) was super likeable. I adored the rest of the hockey team. Hudsons best friend Dani was amazing. Her little brother was awesome.
Seriously amazing characters in this book.

I don't care if you've read any other books by Sarah Ockler you must pick up this book now! She's awesome. READ IT! : )


Bittersweet Playlist
Kiss Me: Sixpence None The Richer
Crush: Gavin DeGraw
I Won't Let You Down: Alex Clare
Last Hope: Paramore
Middle of Nowhere: Hot Hot Heat
Kiss Me: Ed Sheeran
On Top of The World: Imagine Dragons


Buy It Here!
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Books-A-Million
Book Depository

1 comment:

  1. Just the fact that the character bakes is enough to get my interested. =)

    ReplyDelete