"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Monday, March 18, 2013

That Time I Joined The Circus by J.J. Howard

I just finished this book and I have this strange urge to cry now.

This book is absolutly wonderful.

I went into expecting it to be good but I had no clue that i'd fall in love with it the way I have.

First off Lexi is fantastic. She's a really great person and so wonderful to read about.

She has gone through SO much in her life and you can't help but love her and feel her pain. (Plus she's obsessed with music so duh I love her!)

Lexi's mother ran away when she was little so she lives with her father. Unfortunatly her father passes away and Lexi is left on her own.

She is told that her mother is with the circus so she leaves New York City in search of her.

When she gets there she finds out that her mother is no longer with the circus. Luckily though she is offered a job and a place to stay.

In the begining of the story Lexi is left with nothing but by the end she has everything. She makes a family with the others at the circus and she finds out more about herself.

While I loved Lexi I also loved the supporting characters. Lina and Liska were two of my absolute favorites. I also really loved Jamie because he was constantly making me smile. He also sounded like he was fun to look at.

I also really loved that it went back and forth through time in the chapters. One chapter would be current day and then the next would go back to before Lexi's dad passes. I really enjoyed that because you got some much needed background.

I would recommend this book to anyone. Call me crazy but i'm naming this as another best book of the year.

I think I want to join the circus now.


That Time I Joined The Circus Playlist
Dare You To Move by Switchfoot
Stay Away by The Honorary Title
Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy
Under Control by Parachute
Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush
Angels on the Moon by Thriving Ivory
Non-Believer by La Rocca
Safe by Travis
Feeling A Moment by Feeder
The Resolution by Jacks Mannequin


Publication Date: April 1, 2013

Buy Here!
Barnes & Noble
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment